It’s amazing what a difference a few weeks can make. The news in Colorado is hopeful. Colorado Governor Jared Polis is expected to make his way to Eagle County this Friday to announce the first county that is allowed to reopen part of its economy. We know it will be limited stores allowed to open, recreation areas and limited access to other amenities in the Vail valley but it is a start to recovery. This has great implications for private events in the Vail valley from weddings and corporate parties to birthday bashes and local music dates. See the article below for more information on Eagle County opening back up for business.
There are a few reasons why Eagle County can open up earlier than other counties. First of all, if you read the information, most experts agree that the virus has been in our county for months. It hit people here in February and by the time March rolled around we where seeing the worst of it. We got into it earlier and we are getting out of it earlier as it peaked here earlier. Another reason it peaked here earlier is because Eagle County officials where vigilant in shutting this Valley down quickly. This helped flatten the curve and in the end we have gone more than two weeks with declining cases, we have enough tests for anyone that needs them and our hospitals are recovering and in good shape to care for people valley wide.
What does this mean for future brides and grooms? We will see venues open back up slowly and we may even see private events start sometime in June. This will keep the wedding season moving forward for the summer season in the Vail valley. I assume there will be restrictions and we may see limited guest lists, safe methods of serving food, social distancing and perhaps everyone wearing masks at these events into July. For brides and grooms booking for 2021, you want to beware as some brides and grooms from the wedding season of 2020 are rescheduling into 2021 and already filling up the prime dates on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for next summer 2021. This will create a lack of available dates for new brides and grooms wanting prime dates in 2021. My advice is get it set up as early as you can. Book the Jonny Mogambo Band now and ease your worries about finding a band during a crowded wedding season next summer 2021. We provide a luxury service and we will give you the best service that you deserve, the top entertainment that you deserve and an experience that is second to none here in Colorado!
- We at All Occasions Music and The Jonny Mogambo band will continue to observe all precautions and mandates for all events where we entertain. When we are able to start entertaining again, hopefully sometime in June, here are a few things to consider.
- We will probably need more space for the band to set up if we are going to observe social distancing at events.
- That is not a problem.
- We will have to observe certain restrictions on how we interact with the crowd.
- For the time being, we probably won’t be inviting people up on stage to join us.
- We will still interact with the crowd and put on the best damn show this side of the Rockies!
- We probably won’t be able to share a microphone for a song.
- We can provide another microphone for guests that would like to do toasts, sing along or any type of announcement.
- We all have to be patient right now and move forward with the best intentions in mind.
- We do look forward to entertaining for all you very soon.
Our hearts and best wishes go out to people in the other parts of the country that are still fighting this battle. I have heard stories from New York, New Jersey and other parts of the country and I want all those people to know that our thoughts are with them. I wish you all well in these crazy times and hope to see you all sooner than later in the Vail Valley. Jon Lindner/Jonny Mogambo Band/ All Occasions Music / 970-331-6111